HTTP 500: The page cannot
The note below displays when the server you are trying to contact for a
page messes up the link somehow. (See below.)
This should be a temporary condition, so
- Try again in a while. This message can be equivalent to a "busy
- Check the URL (web address) letter for letter, mark for mark,
especially if you typed it in.
- Cut off the last section of the URL (back to the last / ) to see if
you can reach a higher page on the server that might list and link to the
one you are looking for.
- Google for the page because it may
- If repeated attempts to connect keep getting this message, the only
remedy is to contact the person who maintains that server. Look for an
email address for a webmaster or other person responsible and note your
- (Be sure you're online when if you get this message.)